Attending new student orientation at UofL or JCTC this summer and interested in Metropolitan College? Click HERE for on-site UPS interviews while you are on campus.
Developing a responsive and educated workforce for the region and state has always been a key component of the Metropolitan College model.
Metropolitan College continues to partner with Jefferson Community and Technical College through the CREW Career Center. CREW (Connecting Resources, Education and Workforce) provides comprehensive career development services for all Metropolitan College and Jefferson Community and Technical College students and alumni. MC Student Development Counselors, through individual counseling as well as on-line resources, provide a variety of services to assist students in clearly articulating academic and career goals as well as in developing customized action plans to strengthen skills and obtain related experience.
Career and Academic Program Plan (CAPP)
All MC students are required to participate in the Career and Academic Program Plan (CAPP). CAPP assists current MC students by:
- Educating students about MC policies and procedures and creating an awareness about information and resources available to achieve their academic and career goals.
- Providing support and resources to clarify career goals, understand the current job market, and participate in experiential learning.
- Providing guidance and resources to assist MC students with articulating how their UPS experience, education, and skills and experiences can fulfill future employer needs.
- Assessing their program satisfaction and gathering post-graduation plans to assist with program improvement and on-going program success.
The following CAPP steps must be completed prior to signing an MC agreement:
- New MC Students: Student Transition Program
- 30 Credit Hours: Resume
- 60 Credit Hours: Experiential Learning Module
- 90 Credit Hours: Mock Interview
All MC students are enrolled in the CREW Job Board Mailing List and will begin to receive communications prior to graduation. These communications provide valuable resources about job opportunities, career related events, volunteer and experiential learning opportunities, and information on continuing education.
Metropolitan College continues to assist our MC alumni by offering free career services through the CREW Career Center. Visit the CREW Career Center website for additional information.