COVID-19 Notice: Masks required for all in-person visits.
As a Metropolitan College participant you can earn three different types of bonuses.
Semester Completion Bonus
You can earn a bonus each fall and spring semester if you successfully complete 6 or more credit hours.
Students who successfully complete 6 or more credit hours (grades of A, B, C, P or S, including coursework below 100 level) in a fall or spring semester and remain employed for the duration of the semester Student Agreement period will receive a semester completion bonus. Semester completion bonuses are not awarded for summer sessions although courses taken during summer sessions may be counted toward the cumulative number of credit hours completed for milestone and graduation bonuses. There are two types of semester completion bonuses available:
- Successful completion of 6 or more hours with no withdrawals, incompletes, failures or grades of D - $850.00 (approximately $500.00 after tax withholding)
- Successful completion of 6 or more hours with withdrawals, incompletes, failures or grades of D - $575.00 (approximately $343.00 after tax withholding)
The maximum number of semester completion bonuses will be limited to 10.
Academic Milestone Bonus
You can earn a bonus when you earn 30, 60 and 90 credits as a Metropolitan College student.
The milestone bonus is based on a student’s accumulation of credit hours in the MC program. There will not be back payment given for milestones reached prior to the start of this bonus program. All credit hour accumulation began in the Summer 2002 semester. In order to receive the milestone bonus, students must be actively employed at UPS for at least three consecutive Metropolitan College Student Agreement periods, remain active on the UPS payroll, and complete the specified number of credit hours (at or above the 100 level and below the 600 level). There are three types of academic milestone bonuses available:
- Successful completion of 30-hour milestone - $1,000.00 (approximately $597.00 after tax withholding)
- Successful completion of 60-hour milestone - $1,000.00 (approximately $597.00 after tax withholding)
- Successful completion of 90-hour milestone - $1,000.00 (approximately $597.00 after tax withholding)
Repeated courses will only count once toward the Milestone Bonuses.
You can earn a bonus if you earn an associate degree or diploma, and when you earn a bachelor’s degree
Metropolitan College also gives a bonus to students who graduate with an undergraduate diploma or degree. In order to qualify for the graduation bonus, students must be actively employed at UPS for at least six consecutive Metropolitan College Student Agreement periods, and complete a diploma, associate degree, or baccalaureate degree. Graduation bonuses will not be awarded for the completion of any degree beyond the baccalaureate level.
- Completion of an associate degree or diploma - $675.00 (approximately $403.00 after tax withholding)
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree with associate degree - $1,675.00 (approximately $1,000.00 after tax withholding)
- Completion of a baccalaureate without associate degree - $2,350.00 (approximately $1404.00 after tax withholding)
Only one associate and one baccalaureate bonus will be awarded.
Work Commitment Dates
In order to be eligible for the academic bonuses, you must be employed through the work commitment dates listed below:
- June 30 for Spring
- September 30 for Summer
- December 31 for Fall
D Grade Policy and Bonus Eligibility
Beginning in the fall 2019 semester, students who sign their first MC agreement and adhere to part-time enrollment recommendations of enrolling in 10 credit hours or less as of your institution’s 100% drop/add date (i.e the date in which the institution allows students to drop classes with no financial responsibility), will be eligible for payment for courses and book reimbursement completed with a D grade during the first agreement semester only. Semester and milestone bonuses are excluded from this policy.
If you have questions regarding the Metropolitan College Bonus program, please contact Sara Heun at 502-416-3868 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Metropolitan College and UPS reserve the right to change terms, conditions and benefits provided under the Metropolitan College Program.