COVID-19 Notice: Masks required for all in-person visits.
High 5 Program Presented by Commonwealth Credit Union (CCU) in Partnership with Metro College
The High 5 Program is a free program designed to help MC students create a budget, save money, make sound financial decisions, and build their wealth.
What is the High 5 Program?
High 5 is a FREE program designed for all Metro College students, to help build wealth and lay the foundation for a future of financial security and success.
High 5 participants will:
- Set up a working budget.
- Set short term and long term financial goals.
- Access education and resources to make informed financial decisions.
- Access exclusive products to help grow their wealth earned from employment wages, bonuses, book reimbursement, and financial aid residual funds (if applicable).
- Develop a plan to address financial emergencies.
- Understand the purpose of a credit union and the services it provides its members.
Review MC Student Direct Deposit Options for Weekly UPS Pay and Enroll in the High 5 Program
- While not required, all MC students are strongly encouraged to open a High 5 savings and/or checking account with our partner Commonwealth Credit Union (CCU). MC students can deposit all or a portion of their weekly pay, as well as take advantage of special products available to MC students, to grow their wealth and implement effective budgeting skills.
- Review High 5 and apply online at ccuky.org/highfive or visit a local CCU branch to learn more about this opportunity and to meet with a Wealth Ambassador. Additional information is provided in the Student Transition Program (STP). Once you have signed your first MC agreement, follow the steps below to meet with a Wealth Ambassador.
Steps MC Students will take in the High 5 Program
- Schedule a meeting with a Wealth Ambassador at any CCU Louisville location M-F or join one of our live, on-line group enrollment sessions as they are available.
- University of Louisville Branch - 2126 S Floyd Street, Louisville, KY 40208
Park in Floyd Street Garage, validated by CCU. Located in the Floyd Street Garage, across from the Police Department and next to University Parking and Transportation Services.
- St. Matthews Branch - 3704 Frankfort, Avenue, Louisville, KY 40207
- Cane Run Branch - 4415 Cane Run Road, Louisville, KY 40216
- Market Street Branch - 900 West Market Street Suite #100, Louisville, KY 40202
- Nulu Branch @ UofL HSC - 408 S Hancock Street, Louisville, KY 40202
- For CCU hours click here
*Please Note: Due to CoVid-19 Safety Guidelines, current Wealth Ambassador meetings can be scheduled as phone or webex (online platform through CCU) appointments. No in-person appointments are currently available.
2. Meet with a Wealth Ambassador for a 1 hour session.
- Commonwealth Credit Union has partnered with Metro College to provide students with a Wealth Ambassador, full time Financial Account Representatives, who will become a resource for students’ financial health and success. Through their journey at Metro College, an ambassador will help students navigate the path to understanding and assisting with their goals and help them achieve a healthy and sustainable relationship with their finances. They are a tool that will help students develop themselves and their future during this educational program. They will be available to meet in large group settings and for one-on-one appointments to discuss topics such as budgeting, saving, financial services and products, short-term goals, long-term goals, and much more.
3. Open a CCU savings account ($5 deposit to join is paid by CCU!) and learn about other High 5 products.
- Start saving NOW with a High 5 Savings Account and an MC Checking Plus+ Account!
- Plan for the future with an MC Wealth Development CD, Rock-A-Ride Savings, and/or 1st Home Savings.
- Plan for financial emergencies with an MC GAP Loan (Referral Required)
Please note if you have already opened an account with CCU, this first meeting could be to discuss other products and benefits available to you as an MC participant, as well as other financial topics such as budgeting, savings, planning for the future, etc.
4. Schedule a budget meeting with a Wealth Ambassador.
- At the next meeting be prepared to discuss a monthly budget, semester budget, and a wealth management plan.
5. Find out how to stay connected and engaged with the program.
- Stay in contact with a Wealth Ambassador through in-person meetings, email, and/or phone.
- Meet with a Wealth Ambassador once a semester to reevaluate a budget and set savings goals.
- Access online educational tools for financial success through CCU.
How do I sign-up?
Metro College students can schedule a meeting with a Wealth Ambassador through their My MC Page.
- Log on to the My MC Page
- Scroll down to “High 5 Appointments”
- Click on the “Schedule a High 5 Appointment” button
- Choose to attend an upcoming High 5 group enrollment session (if available) or a one-on-one meeting with a Wealth Ambassador and schedule your appointment
To open a High 5 account online, visit ccuky.org/HighFive.
For any questions or for more information about the High 5 Program, please contact MC Student Development Counselor, Allison Colvin at 502/213-7352 or email@example.com.