MC JCTC Transfer to MC UofL
Current Metropolitan College students attending JCTC who are interested in transferring to UofL and maintaining MC benefits as a MC UofL participant.
Choose this checklist if...
- You’ve signed a Metropolitan College student agreement in the last 12 months.
- You need to sign a new agreement for the coming semester(s).
- AND you’re transferring from JCTC to UofL.
The Metropolitan College (MC) benefit applies only to part-time UPS employees who are actively working as Next Day Air, part-time hub, ramp, and freight employees in the Louisville Air District (2265) and whose shifts start between 9:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m. Here's a two-page, printer-friendly version: JCTC Transfer to UofL MC Checklist
Steps to Complete Before You Apply to UofL
Review the MC eligibility requirements and create an education plan.
To utilize MC benefits at UofL, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Completed 60 transferable college credit hours or have earned an associate degree.
- Cumulative 3.0 high school GPA or greater (GED 600) AND a 21 ACT/1060 SAT composite or super score.
- Cumulative 3.3 high school GPA or greater (GED 660), no ACT/SAT test score.
If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, contact your designated Student Development Counselor on your MyMC Page for further details.
If you are currently enrolled and will have either 60 transferable credit hours or an associate degree at the end of the semester, contact a Student Development Counselor to determine next steps to prevent a possible delay in accessing deferment benefits at UofL.
Steps to Complete After You Verify MC UofL Eligibility
ULtra (UofL Transfer) advisors are available all year to meet with JCTC students.
ULtra advisors are available to meet with JCTC students to help with the UofL Transfer application process, determine the best time to apply, and to give information on what to expect after applying.
Visit the ULtra website to review the transfer checklist and to schedule an appointment with an ULtra Advisor.
As a JCTC student, you may qualify for the KCTCS Academic Transfer Scholarship. Contact ULtra for more details.
Complete the Application for Undergraduate Admissions.
Complete the UofL Transfer Application on your own or contact ULtra to help you.
Be prepared to pay the $25 application fee.
You will need an official transcript to transfer to UofL.
NOTE: Past due balances at JCTC will prevent your transcript being sent to UofL, delaying your transfer process.
Contact your assigned Student Development Counselor through your My MC page, for information on our High 5 MC Gap Loan.
UofL's school code (001999) must be on your FAFSA for the financial aid information to transfer.
Check your current year FAFSA to see if the UofL school code (001999) is included.
- Go to studentaid.gov or the myStudentAid app and log in with your FSA ID.
- View the Student Aid Report (SAR) and review the school(s) selected.
- If UofL is not listed, from the My FAFSA page, select “Make FAFSA Corrections”.
- Navigate to the School Selection page, add the UofL school code (001999), and submit.
- Before you logout, view the Confirmation Page to ensure the corrections were sent.
- Corrections to the FAFSA can take 1-3 business days to complete.
If UofL is included, log into your ULink, select Financial Aid, select the current academic year, and view any checklist items that you need to complete.
Until all checklist items and your financial aid file is complete, you will not be able to sign your MC student agreement.
Steps to Complete Once Accepted to UofL
Get advised and register for classes.
Visit UofL's Advising Office to receive guidance on your class selection.
Understand your payment options based on when you enroll for courses and the tuition deadline at UofL.
As an MC Transfer student, your tuition payment options are as follows:
- If you plan to transfer BEFORE the semester tuition deadline and all MC checklist items are completed, you must sign an MC student agreement & pay fees* and/or any uncovered tuition costs before the tuition deadline.
- If you plan to transfer AFTER the semester tuition deadline, you must pay your tuition bill by the semester tuition deadline and sign an MC agreement by the MC Student Agreement Semester deadline (Spring 3/15, Summer 8/1, Fall 10/15) to be eligible for reimbursement. You typically have two payment options:
- Pay your tuition, fees, and uncovered costs in full, or
- Contact your school to determine if you are eligible for a payment plan.
*Fees not covered by Metropolitan College include, but are not limited to: housing, student recreation fee, meal plan, health fee, course fees, lab fees, parking fees, JCTC distance education fees, etc.
**Tuition costs not covered by Metropolitan College include, but are not limited to: undergraduate tuition charged at a rate higher than the in-state per credit hour rate, tuition that exceeds the full-time undergraduate in-state tuition rate, Winter Term courses at UofL, etc.
Sign your UofL MC Student Agreement.
Upon completion of the above checklist items visit your My MC Page and click “Schedule an Office Visit” > "Agreement", to sign your MC agreement with a Student Development Counselor.