UofL and all MC offices will be closed on Friday, June 18th in observance of Juneteenth.
COVID-19 Notice: Metropolitan College offices are operating on regular business hours and providing all services via remote delivery. If you would like to receive in-person services, learn more about our office hours and social distancing guidelines.
High 5 MC GAP Loan Information
Contact your MC Counselor with any questions or to inquire about an MC GAP Loan referral.
Plan for financial emergencies with an MC GAP Loan (Referral Required)
- An MC Gap Loan is intended primarily for a current MC student seeking to continue their education, who was enrolled in the prior semester, but now cannot register for the next semester due to an outstanding balance (i.e. unpaid fees, withdraw, non-covered grade, etc.)
- It is also ideal for an MC student who is unprepared to pay for fees that are due at the beginning of the semester (i.e. meal plan, rec fee, mandatory student fee, online course fee, digital content fees, etc.)
To be eligible for an MC Gap Loan referral by a Student Development Counselor, a student must:
- Have an "Active" UPS Employment Status in the MC database.
- Owe a current student account balance and have a current term MC Agreement signed.
- Owe a past due balance and have a past term MC agreement signed with plans to enroll in the current term.
- Not have exceeded two-time annual limit of $1500 MC GAP loan.