To receive Metropolitan College benefits, you must complete a FAFSA each year.
FAFSA Filing Tips
Filing your FAFSA? Read our FAFSA tips.
Tuition Benefit Requirement
Metropolitan College is a government sponsored organization, and as such its mission and responsibility is to utilize funding in a responsible manner. In order to subsidize costs and sustain the program, all Metropolitan College undergraduate students must complete a current year Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and all additional procedures required by the Financial Aid office at the institution resulting in an “official” status prior to signing an agreement.
Students should file their FAFSA AS SOON AS POSSIBLE after October 1 each academic year at fafsa.gov
Special Note: Must be a U.S. citizen or federal student aid eligible non-citizen to participate in the Metropolitan College program.
- UPS pays 50% of students’ tuition (Kentucky undergraduate resident rate only)
- Federal or State Grant(s), if awarded, or Metropolitan College pays the remaining 50%
Metropolitan College (MC) students who are able to sign a MC agreement and pay fees* and/or uncovered tuition costs** on or before the payment deadline:
- New eligible MC participants should sign a MC agreement and pay for fees and uncovered tuition costs on or before the school's payment deadline each semester.
- Returning MC students must schedule an appointment to sign their agreement by the following dates to ensure tuition is deferred:
- Spring Semester: December 15
- Summer Semester: April 25
- Fall Semester: July 25
- Returning MC students who do not sign by the deferment date, will likely need to make payment arrangements and sign a MC agreement for reimbursement of eligible tuition. Sign by dates for reimbursement are as follows:
- Spring Semester: March 15
- Summer Semester: August 1
- Fall Semester: October 15
- MC students are strongly encouraged to sign an agreement to defer tuition as soon as they register for classes.
- If you are uncertain as to whether or not you are eligible to sign an agreement, please feel free to visit the MC offices to determine eligibility.
MC students who are NOT eligible to sign a MC agreement by the payment deadline and/or are unable to pay for fees* and/or uncovered tuition costs** by the payment deadline have two options:
- Option A: Pay your tuition, fees, and uncovered tuition costs in full, OR
- Option B: Enter into a payment plan with the University. MC students who are interested in completing a payment plan should refer to the appropriate semester and timeframe on the Bursar website to determine the appropriate form to be completed.
*Fees not covered by Metropolitan College include, but are not limited to: housing, student recreation fee, meal plan, health fee, course fees, lab fees, etc.
**Tuition costs not covered by Metropolitan College include, but are not limited to: All or a part of on-line course tuition, undergraduate tuition which is charged at a rate higher than the in-state per credit hour course fee, etc.