Now Accepting Nominations for the 2018 Outstanding MC Student Award
Click here to submit nomination. Multiple nominations are acceptable.
The nomination deadline is Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST. Only completed nominations received by the due date will be considered.
The Outstanding Metropolitan College Student Award was established in 2013. This award recognizes the workforce achievements of students and alumni who exemplify the skills and commitment necessary to succeed in college while working third shift to access a tuition-free post-secondary education. The recipient of this award must demonstrate outstanding leadership, work-life balance, and academic success.
Presentation of the Award
Metropolitan College will select at least one recipient from each school – Jefferson Community and Technical College and the University of Louisville. The award recipients will be recognized at their institution’s annual awards ceremony, which typically occurs in the spring semester during the month of April. Attendance is strongly encouraged, but not required. Additionally, the award recipients will be presented with an engraved plaque (courtesy of Metropolitan College) and will be featured as a spotlight on the website.
Nominee Selection Criteria
Recipients of the award should exemplify the following criteria:
- Demonstrate academic success and progression towards degree completion.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards the UPS/MC program.
- Demonstrate growth and commitment with regard to work-life balance.
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership skills and/or involvement in activities or programs congruent with career and academic goals.
Nominee Eligibility Requirements
- Must be currently employed at UPS and working in an eligible MC work area.
- Must have enrollment for the current spring semester or have a graduation application on file.
- Must have minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0 scale.
- Must have participated in the Metropolitan College program for at least two consecutive semesters.
- Individuals may not nominate themselves.
- Nominators must directly supervise or have direct knowledge of the nominee’s qualifications and achievements. This may include faculty/staff, supervisors, community members, etc.
- Nominators may nominate more than one student for the award.
- Nominators may nominate students from previous award periods provided that the student was not selected as an award recipient.
Announcement of Award Winners
A Selection Committee, comprised of the Metropolitan College Student Development Team, will evaluate the submitted nominations and select an award winner from each school. Nominators will be informed about their nominee’s selection status mid-March.
Contact Renecia Griffie Davis, Student Development Counselor at email@example.com or (502) 213-4521.