All Metropolitan College offices are operating remotely beginning Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. ALL METRO COLLEGE SERVICES CAN BE PROVIDED REMOTELY VIA PHONE OR COMPUTER AND WE ARE OPERATING ON REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS. Current Metro College students may set up a phone or skype appointment and/or contact an MC Student Development Counselor through their My MC page. Prospective MC students and the community may contact a staff member through our service account at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have access to email, please call one of our offices during our regular business hours and we will assist you:
Metro College JCTC DT: 502-213-4520
Metro College JCTC SW: 502-213-7376
Metro College University of Louisville: 502-852-2749
High School Student- How Do I Get Started?
Are you ready to get started? Students who register for our program will receive program information, quarterly newsletters, as well as invites to upcoming events.
Step 1 Attend a Health Care Career Track Symposium At Your School
Step 2 Demonstrate Your Interest in the Program By Registering for the High School Health Care Career Track Program
(Program registration allows you to receive information on program updates and notifications. Note: Participants should be high school juniors/seniors or older.)
- Register as a High School Health Care Career Track Participant https://tinyurl.com/healthcarehighschoolstudent
Step 3 Attend Norton and UPS Sponsored Events
(Note: Norton events may require Immunizations and Internship Registration Forms Required.)
- Participate in Norton Volunteer activities https://nortonhealthcare.com/w...
- Participate in Norton Shadowing experience https://nortonhealthcare.com/c...
- UPS Hiring Events
Step 4 Prepare To Participate in Metropolitan College
- Apply to work at UPS UPSjobs.com
- Apply for admission to JCTC and UofL based on Healthcare Career Choice
- File the FAFSA at fafsa.gov [School Code: JCTC (006961) or UofL (001999)]
Step 5 Begin Employment at UPS and Complete College Coursework
- Sign a Metro College Agreement
- Attend JCTC or UofL as a Metro College participant and a major in a designated track
- Register as a Metro College Health Care Career Track Participant https://tinyurl.com/healthcarecollegestudent
Step 6 While Participating in the Metro College Program, Meet with a Norton Career Coach
- Create an Individualized Development Plan (IDP) with your Norton career coach.
- Attend Health Care Career Track Seminars for MC students
- Participate in Norton volunteer activities https://nortonhealthcare.com/ways-to-help/volunteer/
- Job Shadow at a Norton facility https://nortonhealthcare.com/careers/why-norton-healthcare/job-shadowing/
Step 7 Engage in Norton Healthcare Education Benefits 12-16 Months Prior to Graduation
- You can continue working at UPS and apply to become a Norton Scholar.
- You can apply to work at Norton Healthcare part-time or PRN (as needed), up to 36 hours every six weeks.
- You can apply to become a student apprentice in designated Norton career track programs.
Step 8 Congrats College Graduate!
Your Norton Career Coach will assist you in applying for employment at Norton Healthcare as a credentialed candidate.