All Metropolitan College offices are operating remotely beginning Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. ALL METRO COLLEGE SERVICES CAN BE PROVIDED REMOTELY VIA PHONE OR COMPUTER AND WE ARE OPERATING ON REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS. Current Metro College students may set up a phone or skype appointment and/or contact an MC Student Development Counselor through their My MC page. Prospective MC students and the community may contact a staff member through our service account at email@example.com. If you do not have access to email, please call one of our offices during our regular business hours and we will assist you:
Metro College JCTC DT: 502-213-4520
Metro College JCTC SW: 502-213-7376
Metro College University of Louisville: 502-852-2749
Metropolitan College Student- How Do I Get Started?
Are you ready to get started? Students who register for our program will receive program information, quarterly newsletters, as well as invites to upcoming events.
Step 1 Begin Employment at UPS and Complete College Coursework
- Sign a Metro College Agreement
- Attend JCTC or UofL as a Metro College participant and a major in a designated track
- Register as a Metro College Health Care Career Track Participant https://tinyurl.com/healthcarecollegestudent
Step 2 While Participating in the Metro College Program, Meet with a Norton Career Coach
- Create an Individualized Development Plan (IDP) with your Norton career coach.
- Attend Health Care Career Track Seminars for MC students
- Participate in Norton volunteer activities https://nortonhealthcare.com/ways-to-help/volunteer/
- Job Shadow at a Norton facility https://nortonhealthcare.com/careers/why-norton-healthcare/job-shadowing/
Step 3 Engage in Norton Healthcare Education Benefits 12-16 Months Prior to Graduation
- You can continue working at UPS and apply to become a Norton Scholar.
- You can apply to work at Norton Healthcare part-time or PRN (as needed), up to 36 hours every six weeks.
- You can apply to become a student apprentice in designated Norton career track programs.
Step 4 Congrats College Graduate!
Your Norton Career Coach will assist you in applying for employment at Norton Healthcare as a credentialed candidate.