COVID-19 Notice: Masks required for all in-person visits.
Metropolitan College Student- How Do I Get Started?
Metropolitan College program registrants have the opportunity to meet with a Norton Healthcare Career Coach to discuss career goals and to develop a plan to seamlessly transition to Norton Healthcare employment.
Step 1: Indicate Your Interest
Once your are a Metropolitan College participant, you have the opportunity to begin working with a Norton Healthcare Career Coach early in your academic process to clarify career goals, connect with healthcare professional and develop a plan for transfer to Norton Healthcare careers. There are two ways to register as a participant -- you can choose either option.
- Contact a Student Development Counselor: Log on to your MyMC page to reach out to your assigned Student Development Counselor
- Attend an Information Session: Each fall and spring semester, Metropolitan College hosts Healthcare Career Track information sessions to learn more about the program and how this opportunity can help our students achieve their academic and career goals.
Step 2: Meet with a Norton Healthcare Career Coach
Once you indicate your interest, a Norton Healthcare Career Coach will contact you within 20 days to set up your first career coach meeting. After this initial meeting, you and your career coach will decide if the Healthcare Career Track program is a good fit. If you choose to enroll in the program, you will continue to meet with your coach at least once each fall and spring semester.
Step 3: Maintain contact with a Norton Healthcare Career Coach
As a Healthcare Career Track participant you will meet with your Norton Healthcare Career Coach at least once during the fall and spring semesters each year. You will also receive monthly newsletter communications to keep you engaged in opportunities to help you network, continue to clarify goals and develop skills as a healthcare professional.
Program participants can expect the following from coaching interactions:
- Development of an Individualized Development Plan (IDP).
- Opportunities to attend Healthcare Career Track Seminars to connect with professional in the field.
- Opportunities to participate in Norton volunteer activities https://nortonhealthcare.com/ways-to-help/volunteer/.
- Job Shadowing opportunities at a Norton facility https://nortonhealthcare.com/careers/why-norton-healthcare/job-shadowing/.
- Guidance to apply for employment at Norton Healthcare as a credentialed candidate.