Student Development Counselors and MC staff will not be available Tuesday, February 25th due to a Professional Development Day. Regular office hours will resume on Wednesday, February 26th at 9am.
Now accepting nominations for the 2020 Outstanding MC Student Award through February 25, 2020. Self-nominations are accepted this year. Click here for more details.
Metropolitan College Student- How Do I Get Started?
Are you ready to get started? Students who register for our program will receive program information, quarterly newsletters, as well as invites to upcoming events.
Step 1 Begin Employment at UPS and Complete College Coursework
- Sign a Metro College Agreement
- Attend JCTC or UofL as a Metro College participant and a major in a designated track
- Register as a Metro College Health Care Career Track Participant https://tinyurl.com/healthcarecollegestudent
Step 2 While Participating in the Metro College Program, Meet with a Norton Career Coach
- Create an Individualized Development Plan (IDP) with your Norton career coach.
- Attend Health Care Career Track Seminars for MC students
- Participate in Norton volunteer activities https://nortonhealthcare.com/ways-to-help/volunteer/
- Job Shadow at a Norton facility https://nortonhealthcare.com/careers/why-norton-healthcare/job-shadowing/
Step 3 Engage in Norton Healthcare Education Benefits 12-16 Months Prior to Graduation
- You can continue working at UPS and apply to become a Norton Scholar.
- You can apply to work at Norton Healthcare part-time or PRN (as needed), up to 36 hours every six weeks.
- You can apply to become a student apprentice in designated Norton career track programs.
Step 4 Congrats College Graduate!
Your Norton Career Coach will assist you in applying for employment at Norton Healthcare as a credentialed candidate.