Now Accepting Nominations: Metropolitan College Outstanding Student Award 2021
Click here to submit nomination
Nominations accepted through Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST. Only nominations received by the deadline will be considered.
About the Award
The Metropolitan College Outstanding Student Award was established in 2013 and recognizes the workforce achievements of student participants attending Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC) and the University of Louisville (UofL) working third shift at UPS who demonstrate outstanding leadership, work-life balance, and academic success.
Award recipients should exemplify the following criteria:
- Demonstrate commitment to academic success, career goals, and work-life balance.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards the Metropolitan College program and serve as a role model at UPS.
- Demonstrate involvement in experiential learning opportunities including but not limited to employment, co-curricular activities, co-ops, internships, volunteer work, service learning projects, etc.
- Must be currently employed at UPS and working in an eligible MC work area.
- Must be enrolled in the current spring semester or have a degree or graduation application on file for the current academic year.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0 scale.
- Must have participated in the Metropolitan College program for at least two consecutive semesters.
- Must agree to have name and photo published to the Metropolitan College website and participate in spotlight feature for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Nominators may submit multiple student nominations.
- Nominations will be accepted from individuals that have direct knowledge of the nominee’s qualifications and achievements, including but not limited to, faculty, staff, supervisors, family, friends, classmates, etc.
- Nominators may nominate someone from previous award periods provided nominee was not selected as an award recipient.
Announcement of Awards
The Awards Selection Committee will review nominees and, based on the award’s criteria, vote to select the recipients of the award. All nominees will receive an e-mail notification detailing the name and email address of the person(s) who nominated them for the award.
Awards Ceremony & Recognition
- Nominees: A full list of the nominee names will be published to the Metropolitan College website later in the summer.
- Winners: Winners will receive an award plaque that will be shipped to home address. More details to come on the virtual awards ceremony.
Contact Renecia Griffie Davis, MC Student Development Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 852-2534.