Now Accepting Nominations: Metropolitan College Outstanding Student Award 2021
Click here to submit nomination
Nominations accepted through Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST. Only nominations received by the deadline will be considered.
About the Award
The Metropolitan College Outstanding Student Award was established in 2013. Eligible participates work third shift at UPS to access a tuition-free post-secondary education at the University of Louisville or Jefferson Community and Technical College. This award recognizes the workforce achievements of student participants who demonstrate outstanding leadership, work-life balance, and academic success. MC will accept nominations from both JCTC and UofL and will select one winner from each school to honor.
Award recipients should exemplify the following criteria:
- Demonstrate commitment to academic success, career goals, and work-life balance.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards the Metropolitan College program and serve as a role model at UPS.
- Demonstrate involvement in experiential learning opportunities including but not limited to employment, co-curricular activities, co-ops, internships, volunteer work, service learning projects, etc.
- Must be currently employed at UPS and working in an eligible MC work area.
- Must be enrolled in the current spring semester or have a degree or graduation application on file for the current academic year.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0 scale.
- Must have participated in the Metropolitan College program for at least two consecutive semesters.
- Must agree to have name and photo published to the Metropolitan College website or other mediums for marketing purposes.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Nominators may submit multiple student nominations.
- Nominations will be accepted from individuals that have direct knowledge of the nominee’s qualifications and achievements, including but not limited to, faculty, staff, supervisors, family, friends, classmates, etc.
- Nominators may nominate someone from previous award periods provided nominee was not selected as an award recipient.
Announcement of Awards
Submissions will be reviewed by the Metropolitan College Student Development Team and award winners will be notified by mid-March. MC will accept nominations from both JCTC and UofL and will select one winner from each school to honor.
Awards Ceremony & Recognition
All nominees will be recognized on the Metropolitan College website. Award winners will receive an award plaque that will be shipped to home address. More details to come on awards ceremony.
Contact Renecia Griffie Davis, MC Student Development Counselor at email@example.com or (502) 852-2534.