Now Accepting Nominations: Metropolitan College Parent of the Year Award 2021
Click here to submit nomination.
Nominations will be accepted through Friday, February 19, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST. Only nominations received by the deadline will be considered.
Metropolitan College Parent of the Year Award Criteria and Guidelines
What are we looking for?
- The Metropolitan College Parent of the Year Award seeks to recognize a parent(s)/caregiver(s) who have made a significant impact and contribution to the life of a student participating in the Metropolitan College program. By supporting you, they are in turn supporting the University of Louisville and Jefferson Community and Technical College.
- In essay form, please tell us why your parent(s) should be the 2021 Metropolitan College Parent of the Year. All essays and entries will be judged in strict confidentiality by the 2021 Metropolitan College Parent of the Year Award Selection Committee, comprised of Metropolitan College and UPS staff. Submissions will be judged solely on their ability to convey the merit of your parent(s)/caregiver(s) outstanding involvement in your life. We know that every submission is worthy of this award!
- All UofL and JCTC Metropolitan College undergraduate students are eligible to nominate their parent(s)/caregiver(s) for this award.
- The Metropolitan College Parent of the Year Award does not discriminate against non-traditional households. If you were raised by someone other than your birth mother or father, please take the time to nominate that special individual. You may nominate both of your parents or caregivers for the award.
Awards Ceremony & Recognition
- Nominees: Every parent/guardian nominated will be recognized on the Metropolitan College website and contacted by Metropolitan College staff for further information regarding the consent and release form.
- Winners: Metro College will select one winner from each school to honor. The winners will receive an award plaque that will be shipped to home address. The MC UofL winner will be recognized in pre-recorded UofL virtual ceremony on March 7. No virtual ceremony details available currently for JCTC.
Contact Renecia Griffie Davis, MC Student Development Counselor at email@example.com.