Now Accepting Nominations for the 2020 Outstanding MC Student Awards
The award nomination deadline is Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST. Only nominations received by the deadline will be considered.
ABOUT THE AWARD
The Outstanding Metropolitan College Student Award was established in 2013. This award recognizes the workforce achievements of student participants working third shift at UPS to access a tuition-free post-secondary education. The recipient of this award must demonstrate outstanding leadership, work-life balance, and academic success.
PRESENTATION OF THE AWARD
Metropolitan College will select a recipient from each school – Jefferson Community and Technical College and the University of Louisville. Award recipients will be recognized at their institution’s annual awards ceremony, which typically occurs in the month of April. Attendance is strongly encouraged, but not required. Award recipients will be presented with an engraved plaque and featured on the MC website.
NOMINEE SELECTION CRITERIA
Award recipients should exemplify the following criteria:
- Demonstrate commitment to academic success, career goals, and work-life balance.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards the Metropolitan College program and serve as a role model at UPS.
- Demonstrate involvement in experiential learning opportunities including but not limited to employment, co-curricular activities, co-ops, internships, volunteer work, service learning projects, etc.
NOMINEE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be currently employed at UPS and working in an eligible MC work area.
- Must be enrolled in the current spring semester or have a degree or graduation application on file for the current academic year.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0 scale.
- Must have participated in the Metropolitan College program for at least two consecutive semesters.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Nominators may submit multiple nominations (must submit a separate nomination form for each nominee).
- Nominators must directly supervise or have direct knowledge of the nominee’s qualifications and achievements.
- Nominators may nominate someone from previous award periods provided nominee was not selected as an award recipient.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF AWARD WINNERS
Submissions will be reviewed by the Metropolitan College Student Development Team and award winners will be notified by mid-March.
Contact Renecia Griffie Davis, Student Development Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 852-2534.