Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 Outstanding MC Student Award
Click here to submit nomination.
The nomination deadline is Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST. Only nominations received by the deadline will be considered.
The Outstanding Metropolitan College Student Award was established in 2013. This award recognizes the workforce achievements of students and alumni who exemplify the skills and commitment necessary to succeed in college while working third shift to access a tuition-free post-secondary education. The recipient of this award must demonstrate outstanding leadership, work-life balance, and academic excellence.
Presentation of the Award
Metropolitan College will select at least one recipient from each school – Jefferson Community and Technical College and the University of Louisville. The award recipients will be recognized at their institution’s annual awards ceremony, which typically occurs in the spring semester during the month of April. Attendance is strongly encouraged, but not required. Additionally, the award recipients will be presented with an engraved plaque (courtesy of Metropolitan College) and will be featured as a spotlight on the website.
Nominee Selection Criteria
Award recipients should exemplify the following criteria:
- Demonstrate academic excellence and leadership through research, co-curricular activities, community service and engagement, experiential learning, etc.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards the UPS/MC program and serve as a role model while at work.
- Demonstrate personal growth and commitment to work-life balance.
Nominee Eligibility Requirements
- Must be currently employed at UPS and working in an eligible MC work area.
- Must have enrollment for the current spring semester or have a graduation application on file for the current academic year.
- Must have minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0 scale.
- Must have participated in the Metropolitan College program for at least two consecutive semesters.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Nominators must directly supervise or have direct knowledge of the nominee’s qualifications and achievements. This may include faculty/staff, supervisors, community members, etc.
- Nominators may submit more than one nomination; however, a separate nomination form must be used for each nominee.
- Nominators may nominate students from previous award periods provided that the student was not selected as an award recipient.
Announcement of Award Winners
A Selection Committee, comprised of the Metropolitan College Student Development Team, will evaluate the submitted nominations and select an award winner from each school. Nominators will be informed about their nominee’s selection status mid-March.
Contact Renecia Griffie Davis, Student Development Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 213-4521.