Schedule an appointment to reduce your wait time for your next MC office visit. Check out the Metropolitan College Office Hours.
A number of other free services and benefits are available to Metropolitan College participants.
Metropolitan College Themed Community
The Metropolitan College (MC) Community will provide students with an opportunity to engage with each other and with the campus community. By building a Metropolitan College residence hall community, students will have an opportunity to share advice regarding time management, organization and work-life balance while attending school and working third shift within UPS. Students will also be able to form relationships with other students within Metropolitan College that are faced with similar challenges, including sleep schedules and carpooling issues. Metropolitan College staff members will also offer programming relevant to their needs, including on-site agreement signing and Career and Academic Planning Program (CAPP) requirement completion.
Students in this community can expect to receive the following services:
- On-site student agreement signing provided by a member of the Student Development Team.
- On-site resumé development and mock interviews as part of the Career and Academic Planning Program (CAPP).
- Housing during the summer and over the institutional closing periods. Students residing in the MC theme housing will be able to remain on the same floor and room plan within the community. Students planning to stay on campus for the summer term will be given preference.
- Social activities to allow students to engage with other Metropolitan College students and the campus community.
- Hall mates with a similar schedule to allow for less interrupted sleep schedules and possible carpooling opportunities.
- Housing staff knowledgeable of Metropolitan College students' needs.
- Facilitation of community engagement among fellow Metropolitan College students.
For more information about Metropolitan College themed housing, please contact Chelsea Wightman at 502 852-2121 or by email.
Apply for the Metropolitan College Themed Community. Remember you must also apply for housing.
Pursuing a college degree or advanced certification, while employed part-time or full-time can be challenging. Through one-on-one meetings, targeted resources, and appropriate referrals, the Student Development Team (SDT) supports Metropolitan College students’ unique needs for successful management of employment and academic achievement. During your participation in Metropolitan College, SDT will assist you in creating an on-line career portfolio to ensure you develop and maintain important documents (e.g. resume, career plan, etc) to assist in clarifying and developing meaningful academic and career plans. We are conveniently located on both the UofL and JCTC campuses. The Metropolitan College team is standing by to help you with all of the services you need for a smooth transition to either UofL or JCTC.
Free Bus Service
Metropolitan College students have free access to TARC with either a U of L student ID or with a Metropolitan College sticker on the back of a UPS ID. Visit www.ridetarc.org for routes and schedules or go directly to the UPS/UofL/JCTC schedule (pdf).
UofL Student Recreation Center (SRC)
Metropolitan College students have access to the UofL Student Recreation Center (SRC). The SRC offers both recreational and competitive leagues, clubs, fitness programs and facilities that focus on exercise, recreation, competition, and fun. To learn more, go to www.louisville.edu/reccenter. You must pay a designated fee each semester for this service. This fee is not covered by MC/UPS. UofL students are automatically billed a semester fee for this service.
JCTC Metropolitan College students are also eligible to use the SRC. JCTC Metropolitan College students interested in using this service should follow these steps:
- Sign your Student Agreement with the Metropolitan College office. Agreement list will be sent to the SRC every Friday after 1 p.m.
- Bring your UPS ID or JCTC Student ID to the UofL SRC during office hours between 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Must wait until Friday after 1 p.m. of the week you sign your Student Agreement before visiting the SRC to ensure your name is on the list.
- Go to the SRC to pay the designated fee (cash or check only) and get gym ID.
Both the UofL and JCTC campuses offer a number of student services. These services are available to you as a Metropolitan College participant and you are encouraged to utilize these resources to support your overall academic, social and health and wellness success while in the program.
Jefferson Community and Technical College
Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC) offers numerous student services such as Counseling Services (Academic, Personal and Career), the ACCESS* Ability Resource Center (ARC), Student Support Services and Multicultural Affairs.
University of Louisville
The University of Louisville offers numerous student services such as the Student Recreation Center (SRC), the Ekstrom Library Writing Center, the Disability Resource Center, REACH, and the Counseling Center.
In partnership with the Student Development Team, the CREW Career Center can assist you in mapping out each stage of the career development process - career exploration, career planning and career placement. The CREW staff is available to assist you in:
- selecting a major and career
- understanding the job market
- resume writing
- and so much more!
We have three convenient locations, services are FREE, and no appointment is necessary. It is never too early to take advantage of these services!
Visit the CREW Center website at crew.cc.