High Five Program Presented by Commonwealth Credit Union (CCU) in Partnership with Metro College
A free program designed to help you create a budget, save money, make sound financial decisions, and build your wealth.
What is the High Five Program?
High Five is a FREE program designed for YOU, a Metro College student, to help build wealth and lay the foundation for a future of financial security and success.
High Five participants will:
- Set up a working budget.
- Set short term and long term financial goals.
- Access education and resources to make informed financial decisions.
- Access exclusive products to help you grow your wealth earned from your employment wages, bonuses, book reimbursement, and financial aid residual funds (if applicable).
- Develop a plan to address financial emergencies.
- Understand the purpose of a credit union and the services it provides its members.
First Step to Financial Success? Schedule a Meeting!
University of Louisville Branch - 2126 S Floyd Street, Louisville, KY 40208
Park in Floyd Street Garage, validated by CCU. Located in the Floyd Street Garage, across from the Police Department and next to University Parking and Transportation Services.
(UofL Branch pictured below)
St. Matthews Branch - 3704 Frankfort, Avenue, Louisville, KY 40207
Cane Run Branch - 4415 Cane Run Road, Louisville, KY 40216
Market Street Branch - 900 West Market Street Suite #100, Louisville, KY 40202
For CCU hours click here.
Step Two: Meet with a Wealth Ambassador for a 1 Hour Session
What is a Wealth Ambassador?
A Commonwealth Credit Union Wealth Ambassador is a resource for your financial health and success. Through your journey at Metro College, a Wealth Ambassador will help you navigate the path to understanding and assisting with your goals and help you achieve a healthy and sustainable relationship with your finances. They are a tool that will help you develop yourself and your future during this educational program. They will be available to you in large group settings and for one-on-one appointments to discuss topics such as budgeting, saving, financial services and products, short-term goals, long-term goals, and much more.
Step Three: Open a CCU Savings ($5 Deposit to join is paid for you!) and Other High Five Products
To open an account CCU will need:
- A government issued photo ID (i.e. driver's license, state ID, or passport - a student ID will not be accepted).
- A pay stub, lease agreement, or utility bill to verify your address if the current address is not listed on your ID.
- To know your Social Security Number (SSN) (you do not have to bring the actual card).
Large one-time funds such as a financial aid reimbursement and/or UPS bonus would be ideal deposits for your long-term savings goals.
Plan for financial emergencies with an MC GAP Loan (Referral Required)
- An MC Gap Loan is intended primarily for a current MC student seeking to continue their education, who was enrolled in the prior semester, but now cannot register for the next semester due to an outstanding balance (i.e. unpaid fees, withdraw, non-covered grade, etc.)
- It is also ideal for an MC student who is unprepared to pay for fees that are due at the beginning of the semester (i.e. meal plan, rec fee, mandatory student fee, online course fee, digital content fees, etc.)
To be eligible for an MC Gap Loan referral by a Student Development Counselor, a student must:
- Have an "Active" UPS Employment Status in the MC database.
- Owe a current student account balance and have a current term MC Agreement signed.
- Owe a past due balance and have a past term MC agreement signed with plans to enroll in the current term.
- Not have exceeded two-time annual limit of $1500 MC GAP loan.
MC Gap Loan application time frames are as follows:
- May 1 - June 15
- August 1 - September 15
- December 1 - January 15
Step Four: Schedule a Budget Meeting with your Wealth Ambassador
At your next appointment be prepared to review and discuss an:
Note: To make this meeting most effective, complete these forms to the best of your ability and save them to your MC Portfolio on your MyMC Page before your appointment. Also bring copies of your UPS pay stubs to help in creating the most accurate and helpful budget for your needs.
Step Five: Stay Connected!
After you open an account, a Wealth Ambassador will be in contact with you periodically to check on your financial needs.
As a member of High Five, you can contact a Wealth Ambassador any time for questions and/or concerns regarding your account. Feel free to email or call a Wealth Ambassador, stop into a CCU branch for a visit, or schedule another meeting in advance.
MC highly encourages High Five participants to contact a Wealth Ambassador a minimum of two times a year to reevaluate your budget and discuss your savings goals. Bonus time (roughly March and June) are great times to reach out to a Wealth Ambassador to discuss your deposit/savings options for a lump sum amount, such as this.
Educational Tools for your Financial Success
High Five participants can access on-line financial education through the High Five Financial Success Portal by completing modules that discuss:
- Financial Basics
- Paying for College
- Keeping Healthy Finances
- Adulting Made Easy
- Planning for the Future
- Major Life Transactions
- Click on the "High Five Financial Success Portal" link above
- Click on the "Explore" button for the module you wish to complete
- Sign up or Login in by clicking on the "Login with Email Address" option
- Click on the Register button if you are a first time user and create a login and password
- Login and begin completing the module(s)
For any questions or for more information about the High Five Program, please contact MC Student Development Counselor, Allison Colvin at 502/213-7352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Partnership With