Connect with Metropolitan College
We are excited you want to learn more about attending college and graduating debt free with our program. We know you may have questions, so we invite you to connect with us.
Visit A Metropolitan College Office
Each Metropolitan College (MC) office has a MC Student Success Counselor available to answer your questions Monday through Thursday. While no appointment is required, you are welcome to call our office (UofL: 502-852-2749 and JCTC: 502-213-4520) to ensure a counselor is ready to meet with you as soon as you arrive. Our MC Get Started Checklist may also be helpful in answering your questions. Print our Metropolitan College Program Overview to learn more.
Call or Email the Metropolitan College Offices
If you do not have the time to visit our offices, feel free to give us a call to answer your questions.
- MC University of Louisville: 502-852-2749
- MC Jefferson Community and Technical College: 502-213-4520
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect With UPS Recruitment on JCTC and UofL Campuses
Metropolitan College (MC) staff are available during the University of Louisville (UofL) orientations. Stop by and see us to introduce yourself, ask questions about the UPS hiring process, or learn more about the MC program.
UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE (UOFL)
UPS Recruiter: Audra Butler; email@example.com; 502-595-8396
UPS recruitment will be on-site during UofL New Student Orientations.
- 12:40-1:35 pm Resource Fair outside the SAC Ballroom (Day 1)
- 4:35-5:05 pm Metropolitan College Information Session during Breakout Session C (Day 1)
JEFFERSON COMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE (JCTC)
UPS Recruiter: Casandra Hernandez; firstname.lastname@example.org; 502-398-1274
UPS recruitment will be on site to answer your questions and connect you to UPS employment opportunities. Below is the schedule for Fall 2023. No appointment is necessary -- walk-ins welcome.
- JCTC Downtown Campus- Downstairs in the Smith Library
- Monday, October 9; 11AM-1PM
- Monday, October 23; 11AM-1PM
- Monday, November 6; 11AM-1PM
- Monday, November 20; 11AM-1PM
- Monday, December 4; 11AM-1PM
- JCTC Southwest Campus- Metropolitan Office in the Admin Building
- Monday, October 16; 11AM-1PM
- Monday, October 30; 11AM-1PM
- Monday, November 13; 11AM-1PM
- Monday, November 27; 11AM-1PM
- Monday, December 11; 11AM-1PM
Students interested in starting in August are encouraged, but not required, to request a June start date. June start times provide an opportunity to acclimate to third shift work and sign a MC agreement to defer tuition before the tuition payment deadline. June is also the time that graduates transition out of employment and new MC students transition in during the month of June.
Information session for current and incoming JCTC and UofL students who are interested in learning more about the MC program and benefits.
Join MC Student Success Counselors, UPS recruiters, and Commonwealth Credit Union (CCU) as we review our partnership at both Jefferson Community & Technical College and the University of Louisville and present the following:
- MC program benefits and eligibility, including the UPS LOOP housing stipend benefit at JCTC
- UPS hiring process and employment opportunities
- CCU and our High 5 financial education program including budgeting and ways to grow your wealth
- Parent/supporter resources
- Opportunity for you to ask questions
If you are a student, parent, educator, or anyone who wants to know more about our program, we highly recommend you join us!
This one-hour session can be conveniently accessed and viewed on any mobile device and/or PC. You do not need to pre-register for this event, so click on any of the following dates and times to join us! Link will be available before the event (Click on the date or "Join MS Teams Meeting" to join).
Join us for our next LIVE info session:
Check back for upcoming 2023 dates.
During our session, we will reference several resources to guide you through the process of receiving MC benefits:
High 5 Financial Empowerment with CCU
Questions? Feel free to contact us:
Shelly Gilles - MC Student Success Counselor | email@example.com
Sara Heun - UPS Education Specialist | firstname.lastname@example.org
Audra Butler - UPS UofL Recruiter | email@example.com
Casandra Hernandez - UPS JCTC Recruiter |firstname.lastname@example.org
High 5 & CCU - email@example.com
LOOP Questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Information session for currently enrolled students in the School To Work program for the 2022-2023 academic year or a parent/guardian of a current School To Work Student who are interested in learning more about the MC program and benefits.
MC Live Information Session for School to Work Transfers (1-hour)
Hello UPS School to Work Students, Parents, and Student Supporters,
We would like to invite you to attend an information session where you will learn about the education programs available to students after graduation from high school.
- In this session, we will review the following items:
- School to Work Program information
- Metropolitan College information
- Earn & Learn information
- Steps to complete after graduation
- Information on completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
We will also allow time for questions.
If you are a student enrolled in the School to Work program for the current academic year or a parent/guardian of a current School to Work Student, we highly recommend you join us!
This one-hour session can be conveniently accessed and viewed on any mobile device and/or PC. You do not need to pre-register for this event – just click on the link to join us! (click on the date or "Join MS Teams Meeting" to join).
Join us for our STW information sessions live:
Check back for upcoming dates.
Resources to guide you through the process of receiving MC benefits as a School to Work transfer.
- STW MC Checklist
- Earn & Learn Program (Quick Reference Guide)
- Parent and Support Resources
- High 5 Financial Empowerment with CCU (for MC students only)
- KCAC FAFSA Completion
- ULtra Transfer Program Half-sheet (Start at JCTC * Finish at UofL)
Questions? Feel free to contact us:
Metro College Support Staff:
Sarah Schladand- email@example.com
UPS/Earn & Learn Support Staff:
Sara Heun, Education Specialist - firstname.lastname@example.org