Kentucky LOOP Program
Receive a housing stipend to pay for living expenses for up to 36 months while attending JCTC as a Metropolitan College participant.
The Kentucky LOOP, Living Options and Opportunities Path, provides eligible Jefferson Community and Technical College (JCTC) Metropolitan College participants with a $325 per month housing stipend. LOOP students choose where to live and a lease is not required to receive the housing stipend. The housing stipend is limited to 36 months, or completion of associate degree, whichever comes first.
LOOP is available to all students hired after 4/1/2021 who have a confirmed and validated residency from any county in the state of Kentucky and the following counties in Southern Indiana: Clark, Crawford, Dearborn, Floyd, Franklin, Harrison, Jefferson, Ohio, Ripley, Scott, Switzerland, and Washington.
To learn more, attend one of our LOOP on-line information sessions.
Each student will directly receive $325 monthly housing stipend
- Program requirements must continue to be met
- Housing stipend payment will be added directly to last paycheck each month
- For applicable taxes/deductions, amount will be grossed up to $514.65
Students are not required to live in any specific housing facility
- Students have full discretion to choose where they would like to live
- Students are not required to stay at a housing facility that requires a lease
Effective July 23, 2021, LOOP will be available to 1DA new hires who work Sunday – Thursday OR Monday – Friday.
LOOP for 2DA employees will only be available to students who are in a designated career pathway program.
1DA Example Schedule:
- Sunday approximately 9am-3pm AND
- Monday -Thursday approximately 11pm to 3 or 4am
- Monday – Friday before 10pm
- On-line courses
NOTE: 1DA employees will not be eligible to receive Metro College milestone bonuses in lieu of housing stipend benefit.
2DA Example Schedule
- Sunday-Thursday approximately 9am-3pm
- For an example career pathway course schedule, review the automotive technology career pathway program.
NOTE: 2DA employees will not be eligible for Metro College academic bonuses. Students will only be eligible for Metro College tuition and book reimbursement benefit. Students will be eligible for the LOOP housing stipend benefit.
Must be an active Metro College participant with a signed agreement on file for each semester of enrollment in order to receive housing stipend.
Students are responsible for working with JCTC Academic Advising to select an academic plan that has course offerings that fit with your work schedule.
Open to all Kentucky residents who have confirmed and validated residency in a Kentucky county.
- Current High School students:
- Must have an overall high school cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Student must be 18 or older to participate
- Student with high school credential more than 1 year post-graduation
Continuation of Benefits Eligibility
- Must successfully complete (C or better) a minimum of 6 credit hours at Jefferson Community & Technical College (JCTC) for the Spring and Fall Semesters. Summer classes are optional but encouraged.
- Must sign Metro College agreement each semester
- Must have an overall cumulative 2.5 GPA from most recently attended educational institution
- Must sign Kentucky LOOP agreement each semester
- Failure to sign Metro College and Kentucky LOOP agreement each semester will result in discontinuation of housing stipend payment.
1. Apply to UPS Employment: Complete online UPS employment application and interview process 30-45 days prior to LOOP priority admission deadlines for tuition deferment:
- Fall - October 6
- Spring - December 1
2. Complete Required LOOP Interest Form: Indicate your interest in LOOP by completing this form (LOOP Interest Form).
3. Submit GPA Information: Submit your most recent, HS or College, GPA information to the UPS Kentucky LOOP Recruiter.
4. Sign MC Agreement by LOOP Deadline: Complete all steps of the MC Checklist to participate in Metropolitan College:
- Apply for admission and enroll at JCTC.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov.
- Begin employment at UPS.
- Sign the MC semester student agreement by the LOOP priority admission deadlines
- Fall = August 1; Spring = December 1
5. Sign LOOP agreement: LOOP Education team will contact participants with signed MC agreements by the deadline to complete this step.