Now Accepting Nominations for the Spring 2016 Outstanding MC Student Award
Nominations are now closed.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST.
QUESTIONS: Contact Renecia Griffie Davis, MC Student Development Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 213-4521.
PURPOSE OF THE AWARD
The Outstanding Metropolitan College Student Award is designed to annually recognize student workforce achievement and create an awareness of the accomplishments of Metropolitan College students and alumni.
THE AWARD AND ITS PRESENTATION
- There will only be ONE award recipient chosen from JCTC and UofL annually during the spring semester.
- The award recipients will be recognized at their institution’s Annual Awards & Recognition Ceremony, which occurs during the spring semester in April each year.
- The award recipients will be presented with an engraved plaque (courtesy of Metropolitan College) and featured in a spotlight story on the Metropolitan College website.
WHO MAY NOMINATE
Nominators must be:
- A Metropolitan College/ULtra staff member; or
- A UPS employee that supervises or provides direct support to Metropolitan College students.
HOW TO NOMINATE
- Nominators must submit nominations using the online nomination form on the Metropolitan College website.
- Nominators should be prepared to provide clear and concise statements regarding the nominee’s achievements.
- Nominators will be permitted to nominate multiple students for the awards.
- Nominators may renominate a student from previous award periods provided that the student was not declared an award winner.
- Nominees must be currently employed at UPS and be considered a Metropolitan College participant.
- Nominees must be considered in good standing with their school.
- Nominees must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0 scale.
- Nominees must be enrolled for the current spring semester or have a graduation application on file with their school for the current spring semester.
- Nominees must have signed at least two consecutive Metropolitan College Student Agreements.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Nominees should exemplify the following characteristics:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards the Metropolitan College program and UPS job responsibilities.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills and a willingness to share their Metropolitan College experience.
- Show outstanding leadership and creativity, participated in co-curricular activities while participating in the Metropolitan College program, and/or succeeded amid significant challenges or adversity.
- Display growth and/or progression with balancing work, academic, and personal life.
- A strong commitment to his/her major or career field.
After the winning candidates have been selected by Metropolitan College staff members, the selections are submitted to UPS for final approval. The selected candidates are then notified by Metropolitan College that they have been chosen to receive the award. Candidates are given a deadline to confirm their acceptance of the award. Afterwards, all nominators are notified regarding the status of their award nominations. The above process is usually completed by mid-March.
NOTE: There may be award periods were there are no qualified nominees from one or both schools.